Behind the scenes the last few months, I've been speaking with Founder of Hiut Denim, David Hieatt about the upcoming launch of his brand. He lives in the tiny town of Cardigan England, where denim was once made in a factory there, producing 35,000 pairs of denim a week, decades ago.
Since part of his refreshingly transparent mission is to bring denim manufacturing back to a once thriving factory, he has also created a History Tag for each pair. Essentially this allows the wearer to record the history after purchasing the denim. With the unique number that comes with your denim, you will be able to register your pair on a separate site to record the history and upload pictures of your denim.
• Your Choice between 12oz Organic Unwashed Turkish Denim or 14oz Selvedge Kuroki Denim
• Available in two fits: Regular or Slim
• Available in either a 30", 32" or 34" Inseam
• Pocket Bags & Lining made from Heavy Ecru Twill
• One Signature Red Owl Rivet on back pocket
• Made by Grand Masters of Denim who hold between 20,000 - 40,000 Hours making jeans.
Soon we will be releasing our interview with David from Hiut Denim. In the meantime, head over to their site which launched today and familiarize yourself with the brand.